Thursday, December 14, 2006

Time for pictures!



Ant with his Jesus stick coming off one of the temples, Angkor Wat. He got so much attention for having the stick, I think people thought he was some sort of guru or something - everyone wanted their photo taken with him.



Me and statue at Cambodian restaurant in "Pub Street", Siem Reap.



Caroline and Quentin in their blood donor t-shirts on the way to Kratie.



Van piled up high with luggage in Stung Treng.



Boys on the speedboat as we were smuggled into Laos from Cambodia.



The official customs shack in Southern Laos.



Sweet wee boys at the port where we got the boat to Don Det. When I showed them the picture on the viewer of my camera they were delighted.



Caroline and me the first night in Don Det. We left Guro, Quentin, Antii and Ristoff in a nice, undercover restaurant by the water while we went on the guest house search. We got about 800m up the dirt path and it started bucketing down - yet we still hadn't found anywhere. Eventually found a place but got back completely soaked through, it was pretty funny. And yes, she is very tall.



Path through the village, Don Det.



Quentin in hammock, Don Det. Butter wouldn't melt!



Antii raving with our new mate in Pakse.



Safety billboard in Vientiane. Don't ride with your young child behind you without a helmet on, put them in front of you without a helmet on.



The beginning of the long bus wait on the way to Luang Prabang.



Sunset over Luang Prabang, ahhh.



Quentin and I by the Christmas tree at the Lao Lao Garden.



Nice tan lines!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Dad, I realise I've made another grammatical error with "Quentin and I". I feel like I've let you down :). Andrew, you can now see why I'm so pernickety with grammar and spelling, it's been parentally drilled into me from a young age.

10:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coool piccies!! the ones of me of course. bus sounds like a nightmare, we're off to koh tao today and still awaiting our bus nightmare so keep everything crossed! take care
caroline xx

10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! funny funny photos! just got an email from another friend in luang prabang - say hi to emily and mark if you meet them :)
glad you found some diet coke! we were going to track down your bags in bangkok and fill them with cans!
heading to ko tao tonight - beach and diving!

very sorry to hear about your gran, she sounds like a fantastic woman.

keep updating us on your whereabouts!
lol g&c

11:00 am  
Blogger Nic said...

Great to hear from you two - you are going to love Koh Tao, soooo nice. Have fun with the diving - we'll be in touch. Off for a diet coke :)

6:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Нi therе, I enjoy reaԁing all of your article post.

I wanted to write а little cοmment to supρort you.
rippln app - ripple air mattress malaysia - rippln app

5:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the timе і used to read smаlleг соntent thаt
as well clear their motive, аnd thаt is also hаppening with this parаgraph whіch I am reading at thіs timе.


Mу ωeb blog; dr oz show

1:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home